Caesar and Bowser's Thread!*Vet visit results/Pictures!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!
This here is my boy Caesar! Born August, 2011. I bought him October 3rd so he's just a baby. Caesar enjoys the occasional bath and strolls around the front yard (in my hand of course!). When it comes to feeding time (reptiworms) he goes bonkers! He literally flies off his rock and into the food dish to eat. That always makes for a good laugh in the morning.

Here are some pictures of his first bath and stroll outside. Higher quality pics soon to come if you guys want!
IMG_20111007_112157.jpg

IMG_20111007_112216.jpg

IMG_20111007_112517.jpg

IMG_20111007_112634.jpg

IMG_20111007_113933.jpg

IMG_20111007_113941.jpg

IMG_20111007_113941.jpg

and a short video of him taking a bath

I'll be updating his photobucket constantly. Here's the link to that if you want to stay up to date on this little guy.
http://photobucket.com/Caesarthebeardie

And a few questions!
1. I'm still trying to get him to eat some greens. It's normal for him to refuse greens at his age?
2. He's got a couple green stains under his mouth (not in the above pictures). I just noticed them two days ago and they weren't there before. I haven't seen him eat the greens i put out for him so i don't know what caused the stains. Any ideas? Would pictures help?
3. It can get pretty humid in my room so i bought a mini dehumidifier and i've currently got the humidity to about 40% during the day and around 46% during the night. Is that too high?
4. He got so bright and colorful in the bath. Normally, in his cage, he doesn't get so bright. Am i doing something wrong? Is he not happy with his setup (tile, reptisun 10, CHE, 65W floodlight)? :(!

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
Jaxxnbeardie":1bc8iw1v said:
1. I'm still trying to get him to eat some greens. It's normal for him to refuse greens at his age?
2. He's got a couple green stains under his mouth (not in the above pictures). I just noticed them two days ago and they weren't there before. I haven't seen him eat the greens i put out for him so i don't know what caused the stains. Any ideas? Would pictures help?
3. It can get pretty humid in my room so i bought a mini dehumidifier and i've currently got the humidity to about 40% during the day and around 46% during the night. Is that too high?
4. He got so bright and colorful in the bath. Normally, in his cage, he doesn't get so bright. Am i doing something wrong? Is he not happy with his setup (tile, reptisun 10, CHE, 65W floodlight)? :(!

Welcome to Caesar! He is beautiful! He is a leatherback? Cant wait to see him grow! :blob8:
I am on my first beardie, but can maybe help a bit. I have heard that people call themselves lucky to have very young beardies eat veggies regularly. My Cupid is about 11 mos old and just started eating salad every day. As a baby she refused it and started tasting after 6 mos or so. I would still continue to offer Caesar salad every day. What kind of veggies have you tried?
A picture would help about the stains under his mouth. Sometimes you cant tell for positive if it is a stain until after the next shed ive found. Could be greens, poop, anything really IMO.
As far as his color changing, a lot of bearded dragons change color according to their moods. Mine has a happy, agitated, and ur in big trouble colors! :roll: Ive found brighter is happier. My Cupid is always bright when she is in the bath or outside.
Good job with the tile and the reptisun 10. Im sure about those! lol
Sorry i cant help more with humidity .
Hope i was at least a little bit of help. Keep us posted!

Jaxxnbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yep! he's a leatherback alright! I've tried a variety of greens, mostly collard and mustard though. I also tried a grape and banana. He's just not very interested in those at the moment. I'll try again in a couple weeks. I bought a small dehumidifier and have the humidity down to about 30-40% depending on the time of day. Works like a charm!
Turns out the stain was just residue from the the greens and is now gone :). He's just finishing his first major shed since being with me. My how his colors are starting to show! Here are some pics from today. Still has a bit of skin to go.
DSCN1055.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1053.jpg

IMG_20111017_133313.jpg

IMG_20111017_133304.jpg

I'm lovin his colors! So excited to see him grow :)

Jaxxnbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it turns out the fluorescent fixture i was using only rated for 17w bulbs. I figured it wasn't putting out enough for the big Reptisun which is rated 18w+ so i took a drive over to home depot and grabbed an 18w t8 fixture. What a difference! The light is so much brighter and Caesar seems a lot happier. He's even a bit brighter already. :blob8:

Jaxxnbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So i'm thinking my reptisun might be having some output issues but i can't prove it. Even with the new fixture caesar's daily energy level seems to have dropped. I took the bulb out of the fixture to check it out and one end seems to have gotten too hot and end cap (part that has the two stick like prongs) has twisted so that it no long lines up with its counterpart on the other end of the bulb. Caesar also has made attempts to jump onto the fixture in order to lay next to the bulb. I'm thinking he isn't getting enough UVB. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

I moved his hammok closer to the bulb to see just how close he wanted to get...here's what happend..he actually got the brightest he's been in a while (while in his tank).
IMG_20111021_114206.jpg

On a happier note! I started Caesar on dubias (babies) last night! He loves them! I only fed him about 8 at the time because it was already past his feeding time. This afternoon though, 32 roaches were inhaled! He couldn't get enough of the little buggers!

IMG_20111021_174700.jpg

IMG_20111021_174714.jpg

IMG_20111021_174458.jpg

This one actually crawled under him and onto his leg..haha!
IMG_20111021_174504.jpg

Can you spot it?

Hey! I'm not done yet!
IMG_20111021_174540.jpg

Any tips for the reptisun will be much appreciated! I've been thinking about grabbing a mega ray MVB for my custom enclosure i'm building but Mega ray is currently back ordered so I ran out and got a Powersun 100 watt.(until mega ray restocks....two month return policy at petco muahaha) Should i throw that in a lamp and see what happens?
Thanks for reading!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Keep you eye on him when using a 100 watt PS. They have had issues in the past. It may be what he prefers though.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Jaxxnbeardie":gk9yxpqf said:
I've read the good and the bad stories. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him
Not trying to say anything, sorry just wanted you to be aware if you weren't already.
Being one of the bad stories myself, I just like to keep people well informed. :wink:

Jaxxnbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh no i definitely appreciated your concern haha! :D
Sorry if i seemed cross. I'm not planning on keeping the PS because of the bad stories. I'd rather not risk it and the mega rays seems too good to pass up :)

Jaxxnbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I couldn't resist! hahaha but he was too tired to stop meh :lol:
IMG_20111021_235010-1.jpg

He fell back asleep shortly after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom