Buying BD sunday how much of what each day?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys last minute homework time I will be getting my bd hopefull y sunday if not wednesday finally yay!!!! I will prob get a grown on juvie ( about 10 - 12 weeks) rather than a baby which the guy said are 6-8 weeks i think ?!? So how much food and how often. I read salad is pretty much what they want but crix and worms how much and how often can they over do it and how often do i dust them ???? I also posted a thread for peoples thoughts on freeze dried and canned crix etc as a stand by emergancy mostly but possibly for the odd holiday as not sure how my friend who feeds my rabbits would be about live ones !! worms is fine but the crix may freak her out a bit. I only go away once a year for about a week so not often at all but useful info just the same
thanks guys

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
10-15 minutes 3 x a day, for live feeders... and a nice salad everyday to get them into it. your beardie may not eat salad at first though. do you have supplements?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I feed 2x a day the bugs and keep a salad in there all day. I sometimes spritz the salad with water to help keep it fresher, or just replace it. Calypso can eat a lot of bugs in day, but it depends on the size of the bugs. The phoenix worms are small and she can easily eat a few hundred of them a day, so I try to use two feeders. Crickets, she may eat about 30-50 of, also depending on the size of the cricket. (that is spread out between the 2 feedings)

SLUphilosopher

Juvie Member
When I first got my beardie (12.5 weeks), I offered large plate of veggies in the morning and about 50-75 Phoenix worms in the evening. He's now a happy healthy 500+g 20" long 1.5 yr old.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Some will eat the canned feeders some won't. Hopefully yours will be eating salads by the time your vacation arrives. :D
As youngsters they eat mostly bugs and after 1yr it's 80% salad -20% bugs. Crickets are the cheapest for a fast growing baby- Order them online, it's cheap and convienient. You can count on the proper size from suppliers too. Pet shops often only have larger crix. Check out the Beautiful dragons care sheet up top under care sheets and articles. It even color codes good and bad foods. That makes it soooo easy.
Good luck with your new little one. Remember to post picts, we love picts here!

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom