buying a new enclousure for puff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be purchasing a new enclousure for my 1yr old beardie, Puff, from reptilecondos.com It's going to be 40 by 24 by 17. The gentleman im dealing with says i should have pro heat radient head panels installed. They are $150 and im not worried about the price im just curious if it's worth it? has anyone had any experience with them and should i be buying them or am i better off just sticking with my regular lights? Any advice is appreciated. and ill leave the link to the website incase anyone wants to check it out :D thanks again!

http://www.reptilecondos.com/Products_Prices.html

LQDragons

Juvie Member
I just checked it out, it say's that the radient heat panels do not give a hot spot(basking spot) , Puff needs a basking spot, don't spend the money on the heat panels. I would get a taller enclosure and a MVB

LQDragons

Juvie Member
I just went back and re-read it, the heat panels might be good. But I would still get a taller enclosure & MVB instead

Just my $.02

beardielovah11103

Original Poster
ok guys! thanks for your help! what wattage do you think i would need? i was going to get the power sun but someone told me it would be to much for an enclousure my size!

beardielovah11103

Original Poster
and you know what i just realized, i think those heat panels are for snakes! im tryna figure out how many fixtures i am going to need for a tank that size...a basking, a night, and then possibly one for extra heat unless that MVB will heat the whole tank. Thats another question i have, i wanted to get a thermostat so i could make sure the temps are perfect, but can you only use them with certain products?

ZANESMAMA

Juvie Member
beardielovah11103":44405 said:
and you know what i just realized, i think those heat panels are for snakes! im tryna figure out how many fixtures i am going to need for a tank that size...a basking, a night, and then possibly one for extra heat unless that MVB will heat the whole tank. Thats another question i have, i wanted to get a thermostat so i could make sure the temps are perfect, but can you only use them with certain products?

I was looking at that website and maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like it has much ventilation. I only see two small circular vents. I'm I seeing that right?? If that's the case, it won't take much to heat that up. I just upgraded from one just like that from critter condos (a 40 gal breeder 36x18x18), except it had a big square vent in the back that was about 8" x 4" or so. I had to use a 30 watt flood to get my basking spot right. Anything higher made the basking spot and the entire viv too hot. But I don't have any experience with the MVB's.

ZANESMAMA

Juvie Member
beardielovah11103":dea4f said:
I am going to be purchasing a new enclousure for my 1yr old beardie, Puff, from reptilecondos.com It's going to be 40 by 24 by 17. The gentleman im dealing with says i should have pro heat radient head panels installed. They are $150 and im not worried about the price im just curious if it's worth it? has anyone had any experience with them and should i be buying them or am i better off just sticking with my regular lights? Any advice is appreciated. and ill leave the link to the website incase anyone wants to check it out :D thanks again!

http://www.reptilecondos.com/Products_Prices.html

Well I guess either I can't read English or I was looking at a different post when I applied to yours! Sorry! 40x24x17 not 36x18x18 :oops: Makes a big difference. But still not a lot of ventilation unless the bigger ones have more vents.

beardielovah11103

Original Poster
yea i just noticed that to about the vents! I could add an extra 1 or 2 to it if i wanted.. but thanks for your help. im going to have him install the fixtures and ill just have to work out the temps before i move her into her new home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom