Burmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWise2022

I am a new BD owner and am pretty sure , after reading the article here on butmation, that my 5 yr male is going into burmation. I understand that they r not to eat while in deep burmation but when do I know to stop feeding them. And what if they wake-up and r hungry w no food. I am just afraid I will starve him. Sorry just one really scared new BD owner.
Thank for all your help.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
I am a new BD owner and am pretty sure , after reading the article here on butmation, that my 5 yr male is going into burmation. I understand that they r not to eat while in deep burmation but when do I know to stop feeding them. And what if they wake-up and r hungry w no food. I am just afraid I will starve him. Sorry just one really scared new BD owner.
Thank for all your help.
So when they are brumating they are always sleeping joy eating and not pooping so you would know when he is awake

MWise2022

Original Poster
Thank you. He has really slowed in the last couple of days. I thought maybe he was needing to poop so gave him a warm bath and he did. But he has eaten a little since then, only bc we were scared and force feed him a little yesterday and some today. So he needs to have another BM before he really goes into burmation. If he wakes up during a weekly bath to jeep him hydrated do we offer food. Or just let him be. Ty so much

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Thank you. He has really slowed in the last couple of days. I thought maybe he was needing to poop so gave him a warm bath and he did. But he has eaten a little since then, only bc we were scared and force feed him a little yesterday and some today. So he needs to have another BM before he really goes into burmation. If he wakes up during a weekly bath to jeep him hydrated do we offer food. Or just let him be. Ty so much
My bearded dragon is young and has never gone into brumation and as I have heard you should not move or touch them or anything just leave them and let them sleep

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Brumation is normal but it's understandable that new owners get nervous as they see their dragon getting lazy/sleepy. The last thing they need is to be force fed so resist the urge to mess with him and as long as he's a decent weight just let him curl up and go to sleep.

MWise2022

Original Poster
Brumation is normal but it's understandable that new owners get nervous as they see their dragon getting lazy/sleepy. The last thing they need is to be force fed so resist the urge to mess with him and as long as he's a decent weight just let him curl up and go to sleep.
Ty so much. He was lazy and didn't eat much the last 2 days but today he was awake moving around and eat about half of what he normally does. He wanted out of his cage and did his normal stroll around our whole house. He has been basking and not spending much time on the cold side at all. Idk. Maybe he was just not feeling "lizardy" the last 2 days. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. That's all normal , he may stress you out a little with these antics but he should be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom