burmation or sick???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
im not sure if firecracker is starting burmation or not. he eats, not as much he used to eat like a pig!! now im lucky if he touches his greens, and his super worms, he eats MAYBE 6 a day....he dosent move around much, he just stays in one spot basking all day, he will move to the window when somebody comes home though. he dosent go to the cool side much so im not sure if its burmation or hes sick? he poops once a day, or every other day just depends on how much he eats. he will eat his silkworms, but i have to hand feed them to him. so maybe hes just being a picky eater who wnats nothing but silk worms? i dont know and i just want to make sure he is ok, he had a blackbeard for the past two weeks. today not so much, he started to eat more today he had 12 supers. so maybe hes ok now?? somebody please help me i dont want him to get sick and/or lose my baby! thanks!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
How old is he? If you haven't yet, take a sample of his poop and take it to a vet for a them to do a fecal. If every thing is o.k. with that, he's probably just brumating. If that's what it is, he could sleep for days, weeks and/or months. Redrock was in a semi-brumation last year. She would sleep until 12:30 pm sometimes and want to go back to sleep by 3pm. She would refuse supers but would eat one or two crickets and that's about it. It he's not loosing weight, he's probably o.k. If he is loosing weight, get him to a vet, because something is probably wrong.

However, if he's still a baby, he shouldn't be brumating. In that case, get him to a vet for a checkup.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he is about 6 months old. no i didnt call the vet yet,he hasn't lost any weight but he is getting his apatite back after i told him if he started to eat his supers i would get him some silkies, so maybe he was just being a picky eater. but who knows with him. he does seem to sleep a a lot more now though so i dont know, but he sleeps on his hot side, he digs a hole and sleeps, so i just shut the lights out after 6ish for him, but he is up bright and early about 10ish he usually sleeps until noon. silly boy. do you think that i should still cal the vet now he is eating again?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
6 months is probably to young to be brumating... You probably should keep him on a 14 hr light schedule even if he is asleep, turning out the light is encouraging him to stay asleep and could be impacting his digestion. A vet visit is a good idea in any case.

bmmst1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i have him on a 12 hour daylight. he just keeps sleeping even when i do turn out the lghts. his lights get turned on at 6 am now since he goes to sleep at 6. maybe i should keep him up til 8? its 7pm now and hes wide awake,which s mostly because im home and i havent seen him all day because of work, he needs his cuddles! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom