Burmation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my little guy woke up a few weeks ago but the weathers been awful and so cold that he seems to be slowing down again. Is there anyone else in the north (or somewhere else with bad weather this winter.) that has this issue or a similar one?

AprilMayJune

Hatchling Member
Ya... similar... It's okay I think. Maybe he was just poking around and decided he needed more time. My Sly will do that. We just make sure that when he does go back to sleep that his belly is empty. We do this to ensure that the food he does eat doesn't rot in his tummy while sleeping. He is a semi-brumator and likes to confuse the heck out of us all winter by popping in and out. Usually a warm bath will help them poo and helps to hydrate them while brumating. It's okay to take bathe them even if they are a really deep sleeper. Just make sure you keep it's head above the water. If you do bathe them during brumation they don't seem as thirsty when they wake up. It helps them keep hydrated and then they won't binge as much when they wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom