Bump under beardies mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ember7

Does anyone have any idea about this bump that growing on both of my beardie's mouth? We rescued them together and we don’t know exact age but over 4 yrs. I wanted to know if its deadly or cureable somehow. I’ve mainly been feeding her crickets and lettuce. Could it do something to do with the lack of calcium? It’s just very odd that they both have it on the same side. They bumps are both soft and the bigger lizard’s (Ray) bump is bigger and more noticeable. Please let me know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 120

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does anyone have any idea about this bump that growing on both of my beardie's mouth? We rescued them together and we don’t know exact age but over 4 yrs. I wanted to know if its deadly or cureable somehow. I’ve mainly been feeding her crickets and lettuce. Could it do something to do with the lack of calcium? It’s just very odd that they both have it on the same side. They bumps are both soft and the bigger lizard’s (Ray) bump is bigger and more noticeable. Please let me know
Please separate the dragons- they should not be housed together- are they both females or males or one of each? dragons are a territorial animal and will turn on each other in a split second- as far as the bumps what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils! The sand substrate is no good either- too much risk for impaction and harbors bacteria which can cause infections etc- I would replace w some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50- the bumps could be caused by glass surfing do they glass surf alot?

ember7

Original Poster
Please separate the dragons- they should not be housed together- are they both females or males or one of each? dragons are a territorial animal and will turn on each other in a split second- as far as the bumps what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils! The sand substrate is no good either- too much risk for impaction and harbors bacteria which can cause infections etc- I would replace w some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50- the bumps could be caused by glass surfing do they glass surf alot?
Okay! Thank you for the feedback, they are both girls and have always been in a pair, they always do great together. Otherwise, we were just getting started to fix up their home after i did some research, i agree that they shouldn’t have the sand. They don’t glass surf too much but i have noticed it from time to time, i’ll watch for that more.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do both dragons have a bump on their jawline?
It could be due to calcium issues, sure. We can review your UVB lighting if you need. How often do you give
calcium for them?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom