Building a Bearded Dragon Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I really want to build my own bearded dragon enclosure and just had some questions, I can get these pretty cheap and was wondering if you think it could be suitable for a bearide enclosure? ,obviously id have to do some work but for a bad in she'll could they be used? Also like what kind of woods are fine and how would I know?

[ximg]85181 743258903[/ximg]
Get dimensions tomorrow

[ximg]85181 1792039806[/ximg]
Length 19.6in Width 54in Height 25in

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of folks repurpose old furniture to make nice enclosures. I'd love to be handy enough to do that too! If you browse the enclosures section you may get some further ideas. You'll want an enclosure with dimensions of at least 4'x2'x2' but bigger (especially taller) is better so you can build in climbing areas and levels. I've read that pine isn't a good idea so I'd stick with hard woods like oak etc but since the furniture is sealed already it should be fine. Just find a piece you like that fits minimum dimensions and start in =)

justins1991

Original Poster
If i built a 4x2x2 enclosure out of melamine what kind of lights would i need exactly? im in newfoudland so we have petsmart so thats probably be where ill get the stuff. Or where im building it is it better to get fictures at hardware stores where it will need to be installed on the inside?
All tips and help welcome thank you

illuminis

Hatchling Member
justins1991":1uhf4jmn said:
If i built a 4x2x2 enclosure out of melamine what kind of lights would i need exactly? im in newfoudland so we have petsmart so thats probably be where ill get the stuff. Or where im building it is it better to get fictures at hardware stores where it will need to be installed on the inside?
All tips and help welcome thank you

there is a site that actually has step by step on building one. (my spring project) It includes everything including where they got some of the stuff. https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom