Bugs over salad but always after egg laying?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Is it normal for a beardies to forgo eating salads after laying eggs? My Amber has always been a good salad eater but every time she lays a clutch she will focus on bugs only. She will eat her butternut squash off her salad but only a few bites then she will wait for bugs. I'm currently doing bugs all she can eat twice a day for 1 full week then taper her off and do the same but once a day. Then I'll go back to the normal bugs 2 times a week and the rest is salads butternut squash sweet potato etc. I'm doing it due to her losing nutrients vitamins and calcium producing her eggs plus having her gain a bit of weight she had lost.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Is it normal for a beardies to forgo eating salads after laying eggs? My Amber has always been a good salad eater but every time she lays a clutch she will focus on bugs only. She will eat her butternut squash off her salad but only a few bites then she will wait for bugs. I'm currently doing bugs all she can eat twice a day for 1 full week then taper her off and do the same but once a day. Then I'll go back to the normal bugs 2 times a week and the rest is salads butternut squash sweet potato etc. I'm doing it due to her losing nutrients vitamins and calcium producing her eggs plus having her gain a bit of weight she had lost.
I'm not sure.
I think they need more live food to get their energy back after laying.
Probably bugs and salad.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure.
I think they need more live food to get their energy back after laying.
Probably bugs and salad.
I figured the same thing she always has a insatiable appetite after laying eggs though after a week or so she normally will eat her salad with no problem.

When I say insatiable I mean it she doesn't have a limit of bugs she will eat so it's up to me to notice when too much is enough 😆

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom