Bug to veg % for 6 month old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all, bi worried about my Jubsie. She's around 6 months old and has greatly reduced the number of bugs she's eating, and increased her veg consumption. She's only eating at max 5 Dubai roaches or 7 locusts, sometimes with a few pheonix worms, a day, but going to to finish her plate of veg and pellets. Am i right in thinking her protein intake should still be 80% at this age?
She always has calci worms and Dubai roaches on offer incase she gets peckish while we're out, and I am aware there's some roaches living happily under her tiles which she might be eating while I'm out, it just seems she's reducing her bugs which is worrying me a bit.
I should probably add the breeder claimed she was 3 months when we got her, though she seemed the size and proportions of a 4-6 week old. I guess if the breeder was correct and she was just tiny then she would be around 9 months... Is there anyway to make sure of her age for certain?
88257-4477341576.jpg
(pic a few weeks old, she currently weighs 172 grams and is 14 inches long) xx

Edit: the veg is currently rocket, squash, sweet potato, and spring greens, and she poops daily (in the same spot which is useful!) X

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They tend to hit growth spurts so she may just be between them at the moment. It's great that she likes her veg. Give her all she wants, it's quite healthy. Keep offering bugs at least once per day though and let her get her fill. If she prefers the veg that's OK but make both available and let her dictate what she needs. She probably won't reach full size until 18-24 months old so she probably has some growth left to do. Slowly reduce the frequency of bugs offered to every other day then every second then third day or so until she's on 80% veg overall (slowly) between about 12-18 months.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi cooper thanks for your reply. Im a bit concerned now as she is spending a lot of time under her rock on the cool side. If shes under their till midday (~5 hours after light on) I'll move her to her basking spot, but she'll only stay there about 1 hour before going back to her cool end. I'm not sure if this is something to be worried about? The temps are 41°c under basking spot, ranging to 30-33°c around the basking base, and 23°c on the cool end. Her tanks has a uvb 10 Arcadia which spams the tank and is 6" away from basking spot. Humidity is 40% andher tabk is 4'X2'x2'. X

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tank and temps sound good. She's young for brumation though. Do you have a safe place outside of the tank to let her run around and explore? Perhaps the new inputs will help keep her more active.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Heya she's out about 3 hours a day and is free to roam (within reason) but she usually jut sits on me watching TV so maybe not too much stimulation... Xx

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds fine too. Perhaps try some time in the window sill? My guys all loved to look out the window at whatever was going on outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom