BUG DRAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impatiently watching for my order of supers and crix today checking the front door and Fed Ex tracking page. Then after lunch I check the website again and it says delivered 30 minutes ago. What the heck? Nothing at the front door... So I called Fed Ex...Where is my crap??? The dispatcher says it was delivered to 51 instead of 61 on my street. There are live animals in there I tell her. I need to get to them ASAP so they don't die! So I send my son down the street in search of bugs. Thank goodness the neighbors weren't home and the 500 crix and 1,000 supers where sitting by their front door. Can you imagine what they would have been thinking... What are those people up the street doing with all those bugs???
Fed Ex said they would call me back as they didn't want to wait on the line to see if we could find them ourselves. So, I leave the house with my son to pick up the younger one from school and take him to guitar lessons. The hubby comes home and I didn't tell him about the bug drama. So he was like WTF when the Fed Ex driver comes to the front door with nothing in her hands and is ringing the doorbell 10 times... She was totally freaked out. Tell me you have the package!! she says to him admitting that she knew she had left it at the wrong door. I think she got yelled at. He knew that the bugs had arrived and was totally confused about her being there. Good Grief!!

Backlash

Hatchling Member
I agree, the fedex AND ups people around me are horrible, they literally chuck the package onto the porch while they are walking up. I was waiting for my order of crix this morning, so i was in the living room next to the front door. The first thing i hear is a loud THUD, at first i thought the dog had rolled off the couch or something, but then the door bell rang, and i see the fedex guy already back in his truck. It wasnt a heavy box, and for it to make that loud of a noise it really had to be thrown. Thank god it was only crickets, i dont know what i would have done if it was a beardie in there. This has definetly made up my mind about buying beardies that are too far to pick up in person. i just dont trust the delivery people anymore.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They don't even bother to ring the doorbell at my house, that is why I always check the door like I have OCD.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I guess I will be on the opposing side, but the fed-x people here are great. I live in a rural town in Wisconsin which might be why they are friendlier. I usually buy butter worms. Anyway the first time I had them delivered the delivery man knocked on my door and waited til I answered. When I did answer my door he said I know there are just bugs in here but I did not want them to die so I thought I would see if you were home. Now if I am home when the bugs come they will wait for me to answer the door because they are worried about the bugs dying.

I guess I just posted this because it is nice to hear about people doing nice things for other people.

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
amhaak what town in wi are you from? i too am from a rural wi town lena to be exact and the delivery people around here are very nice!

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I happen to personally know my driver so he always brings them to the door and waits for me to answer... of course he knows me well enough to know I'm always home during the day... My postal driver on the other hand is horrible!!!! If something doesn't fit in our mail box somehow it ends up under the deck like half the time. I even have a tote for packages out there. Maybe it's his way of telling me to quit shopping on eBay.... :wink:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Im glad you got them safe and sound. I had my batch of crickets dead. They shipped them out sent them almost all the way here i checked the tracking UPS put them on the truck going back the other way i was like eekkkk. Instead of a 2 day delivery it was 7 days. Thank goodness my bug place shipped me a new order asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom