Bug Bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
We are planning on bombing our house pretty soon. We are getting mosquitoes and gnats pretty bad. Since the beardies cages aren't too heavy, I'm planning on moving them out to our little workshop in then morning. It has electricity and air conditioning, so they should be ok. I won't bring them back in until the house is aired out. This should be ok right?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes but when you do bring them back into the house, (don't let them out on anything that was in the house at the time it was bombed) . It could cause bad things to happen. I would check to see what the residual(how long it is effective after spraying) is in the chemicals used. Unless you shampoo or do an extreme cleaning job (and I do mean everything they could possibly come in contact with) I would not let them out under ANY circumstances. Be overly cautious, to the max.

Personally I wouldn't do it. The bugs will die off in due time. You can bomb them all you want but you need to find how they are getting to stop them first. Mesquitos only live 48 hours.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You are well advised to NOT use bug bombs if you have pet lizards.

If you must do so, make sure you keep the reptiles away for at least a few weeks and thoughly clean all surfaces the poison will have settled on.

You have to make sure there is NO RESIDUE anywhere the lizard can come into contact with and nothing remaining that will evaporate over time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom