Brynn and Serwyn! *pic heavy* (Serwyn's new home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk879

Original Poster
Yes they are both on sand. And yes I know most people say not to use sand. Neither of my dragons have been impacted. We plan to switch to tile when we move. Hopefully by then, Serwyn will be in a better home. Ive found a local reptile club and have reached out for help there as well. I've got a vet tech friend who says I should just put her down. But if I can find a patient new owner who will take the time to hand feed her, have her checked out, etc, I would feel much better. I just don't want to give up on her yet....but I wonder if I have a false hope?

amk879

Original Poster
Well, Serwyn hasn't moved in 2 days. Nothing but pick her head up and look around. I gave her food and water per syringe. That being said, I spent all day looking for a rescue center and found one! It's in Mobile, an hour away. But they will take her to the vet and give her the care and medicine she needs. They said they would love to help her! I so relieved and happy. I just have to get some more info on when and where exactly to take her. Hopefully she will be in better hands this week! It's a bittersweet moment. I will probably cry when I hand her over but it's for the best. I snuggled her up in her
blankie, then took Brynn out for awhile. She's got a buddha belly! She was such a pig today lol. She explored a little then snuggled in the blankie and went to sleep, so I just put her up. Hoping things work out! Thank you all for your support and care! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Im so happy to see that Brynn and Serwyn have great and wonderful owners! They are very gorgeous reptiles! updates soon! Are you planning to breed them in the future!? :blob8:

amk879

Original Poster
We may breed Brynn. I have a lot more research to do on that! But I've been thinking about it!

amk879

Original Poster
Sigh, that rescue center still hasnt contacted me back (after the first time). They said they would love to take her, but never told me when to bring her. Their website says they have to ask detailed questions and set up for her before we can come, so I have to wait till they respond. Blah...im so frustrated. Ive tried every way of contacting them and no luck, meanwhile Serwyn is not eating and I'm stressing out... *breathe* I hope they contact soon...

amk879

Original Poster
Oh, and so unless that rescue center calls, anyone still interested in rescuing her (near Pensacola FL), let me know!

amk879

Original Poster
Well, we bathed the babies and cleaned their tanks. Serwyn seemed to be doing a lot better, moved around a lot. She ate a little of the powder food mix from a syringe. I need to find a better way to bet some food in her! Anyway, here's some pics :)

2E26AF34.jpg
. A body shot of Serwyn. U can see how small and thin she is. Plus her tail :(

1EE71709.jpg
. After her bath, she moved around a lot! Tried to explore :)

EAD95431.jpg
. Brynn sloshing around lol

30BA4084.jpg
me and brynn on a lazy day

17703269.jpg
. The feirce dragon in her cage lol

Thinking about moving Serwyn to a smaller glass cage where she can see us. She seems to be a lot more active when she sees us. And that way she won't have such a huge cage to drag around in. Lol.

amk879

Original Poster
Well tomorrow is the day. We are taking her to the rescue center in Mobile. I'm very nervous about it. I hope they will actually take care of her and not just put her to sleep. She's doing much better, more active than I've seen in awhile. I just don't know what they will do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fra0w3CEGw4&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
Idk if that works, but that is a link to a video I took of her yesterday. She was actually moving around and attempting to chase crickets! I was so proud. You can really see how she walks and has no balance in the video. She's such a sweetheart, and a fighter. I just hope there is something that can be done to help.

amk879

Original Poster
FC698ADE-orig.jpg
. Brynn was being cranky in her cage so let her explore a bit.

D6AC5961.jpg
chillin with my cranky girl.

463F8E53.jpg
. Brynn checking out the camera.

580EDFA0-orig.jpg
. What is this mom?

9B2207C6-orig.jpg
. Saying goodbye to her sister...

Of course, that made me so sad, so I put Brynn away and cuddled with Serwyn till she went to sleep. As she nuzzled into my arm I started to cry, I'm gonna miss this sweetheart. :cry:
D0BFBE57-orig.jpg

amk879

Original Poster
Well, baby Serwyn is gone. She is at Chaos and Critters in Mobile. I cried for a good hour after dropping her off. I felt like we didn't get to really say goodbye, it happened so fast. I hopes he will get the care and love she needs :cry:

So of course when I came home, I put all my energy into Brynn. Got her moved into her new tank. Have a few tile pieces in there,not enough to cover everything though. So the bottom had papertowels to cover the glass. Well of course she started eating the paper so we had to take it out :| I dunno what to do about substrate, sigh....still trying to get everything right but I hope she likes it. Gonna put her hammock back in tomorrow.

BD51D56A.jpg

amk879

Original Poster
Took Bynn outside the other day. Probably her second time ever. She ate some grass and felt sick that night and the next day. I think she's better now tho. Some pics while she was enjoying herself :)

AEE313CA-orig.jpg

1D7B509D-orig.jpg

On Brandon's leg, checking it all out.
109FD959-orig.jpg

67AB9A44-orig.jpg
. A shot, moments before she lunged and devoured mouthfuls of grass. I couldn't get her to stop. So I said, ok that's enough, time to go in. I picked her up and she then went to the bathroom allllll down my dress. Brandon thought it was hilarious....
So, later that night she was really sluggish and shaky...didn't move the next day and was blackbearding. After that she's slowly started to move around more, and seems back to normal.
So I'm scared for her to eat grass now....do u think it's just because she wasn't used to it and ate so much? Is it ok if she eats it next time? And if not should I just not set her on the ground? Input is much appreciated :)

And just because, here is a pic of our turtles loving their new 55 gal tank :)

47242C7D-orig.jpg

amk879

Original Poster
Ok so it's been awhile but here are some updates!
I recently saw some pictures of Serwyn on the Chaos and Critters rescue page! She was at a reptile awareness event and looked great! She was being held and loved on by people attending the show. It really makes my heart glad to know she's being well taken care of and educating others! I cried lol.

As for Brynn, she being spoiled. Can't get her to stop eating grass when we go outside. It's all she wants to do! But at least she's not having any reaction to it this time :). Also I've been trying to let her sit in the window sill for a change of scenery but she won't relax! She's constantly running her nose on the window trying to get outside...pacing back and forth. Sigh. I keep hoping she will just bask and relax like I see other dragons do in pictures...maybe eventually she will?

Anyway, here's some pics!

E42CC352-orig.jpg
. I love when she stretches her legs lol

69EC0943-orig.jpg
. Bath time...I think she's starting to like it more. Even pottys in it occasionally.

6470C798-orig.jpg
trip to petsmart! The baby beardies were fascinated by her lol. So we're other drivers while we were in the car :p

37E76C11-orig.jpg
. Her "wat ya doin mom?" face.

AC26FC99.jpg
. Napping lol....I love when her feet dangle.

2AAB2A43.jpg
pressing her tummy against the glass. This is the pose she makes when she wants to sit in the window...the window is literally right in front of that corner.

F3E3E812.jpg
. Caught her chillin like this after her lazy attempt to chase a cricket that had crawled in her hammock. She just slid off and decided that was comfy and that she could eat later lol. Her toes weren't caught either, which I had initially thought :p

4BCCAEAB.jpg
. A miracle shot, she sat still at the window for a couple minutes before returning to rub her nose trying to get out..sigh silly dragon.

Hope y'all enjoy the pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom