Brumation?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You'll want to use the 10.0 bulb, the 5.0 isn't as strong. The 2nd one you posted should be fine. It can seem overwhelming I know. Basically you have two types of bulbs. T5 and t8 the t5's are stronger than the t8's. Then you have the output 5.0, 10.0. The 10.0 is the stronger of those outputs. So a t5 10.0 is going to yeild the highest uvb.

Kristjan

Original Poster
Completely agree with Karrie and Xp29, your bulb needs to be replaced asap. Use either a Reptisun 10.0 or an Arcadia D3+ fixture, inferior brand such as Zoomed or Thrive do not produce an adequate exposure unlike the packaging or pet store employees may claim.

Keep in mind, if your UVB fixture is up to date you don’t need to supplement vitamin D3 with your bearded dragon’s calcium.
Thank you- I got the fixture and light bulb T5 10.0 and, I have one last question regarding this! Should the fixture go inside the tank??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you- I got the fixture and light bulb T5 10.0 and, I have one last question regarding this! Should the fixture go inside the tank??
Depends on your screen -- is if a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type - this is going to determine placement and distance for it

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom