Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a first time beardie owner so maybe im being over cautious but i just want to make sure this is what she is going thru and she isn't actually sick.
The past week she has barely come out of a hide on the cool side of her tank. She's always sleeping. The last couple days she has been coming out more, but hardly eats anything. Im not sure when brumation starts, if there even is a starting age. Some info on her: i believe she is a female, she's approx 6 to 7 months old, approx 13 inches long, she lives in a 75 gall tank with a few different substrates, as of right now the hot side is 95 degrees and the cool 80. Normal insect source is Dubia roaches and i do dust them. Salad usually consists of collard greens with a variety of fruits and veggies. If anyone has any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Ty in advance.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. She's definitely to young to burmate. 95 is to low for a basking temp. Can you get it 105? Also How are you taking the temps? What kinds of lights are you using? Brands? How close can she get to the lights?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I agree.... way too young to brumate.

Also how long are the heat and lights on each day ? If too short a day , your beardie will think it's winter and if cold and dull outside (believe me - they know) it might decide to brumate.

What are the substrates ?

mamajamamomma

Original Poster
Her tank is normally at 110 but since this started, i lowered the temp. I've done alot of research and right now, it would be winter in Australia. As well as this being close to the age when brumation starts. She is out right now and seems fine. She ate a few roaches and she has been active. So as far as her being sick, i don't think that's the case. She hasn't lost weight or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom