Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saden99

Ok, so it's mid-Summer and my beardie is suddenly in what looks like some kind of a deep sleep. Now he did not brumate last year (he's 3 now) and I thought that meant he probably just wouldn't brumate at all. He's been in his outside enclosure for a couple of days since the temperature has been 80-95. I went to work today after peeking in at him (he was just starting to wake up) and now I get home and he's just not moving at all. He's breathing, but when I pick him up it's like he just doesn't want to do anything. His eyes are shut and he's flexible (not stiff or anything).

I've soaked him in case the heat was just too much and now he's laying in his cage.

My question is: can he be brumating?

He's been eating well. Mostly greens at his age and he actually hasnt had worms for about 8 days. I'll offer them but he just walks away. Could protein deficiency of some sort be an issue? I sprinkle vitamins and calcium on his greens (mustard greens, turnip greens & collard greens) which he chows down like nobodies business.

Brumating in summer just seems odd. I should add that his color is normal. He's not black and he's not pale either...just a normal tone.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does he spend a good amount of time under a UVB light either indoors or natural sunshine in his tank?
How often do you give calcium for him?
They can & do brumate in the summer. I think sometimes that some of them are on Australian time.
Is he maintaining his weight & hydration?
If you could post some pictures of him that can help us to evaluate his physical condition, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom