Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordahkai

Ok a month ago after doing extensive reading online I came to the conclusion that my Dragon is in brumation. Sleeps most of the time, no appetite, only moves if provoked, etc.. I tried putting crickets, lettuce and all his favorites in and he just shuns them. He relocates to the coolest part of the habitat and goes to sleep. He hasn’t lost any weight at all. Ok, get to the question you say.
Every once in a while he will roam the tank as if he might be interested in food so I rush to get him some crickets to no avail he just ignores them and the veggies that are always there. A little while later I find my self catching the crickets and putting them back in their habitat….Should I continue to put the crickets in every time he moves or just wait?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My girl kind of does the same thing. Today she was up for about 3 hours, I gave her a bath, and then she ran up and down her ramp to her basking light. I offered greens, worms and roaches, but she didn't eat anything, now she is off to bed again.

Zoey

Sub-Adult Member
My beardie has been in her log sleeping since before Thanksgiving. I miss her, but I know this is normal for her. She did the same thing last year. If you know your beardie is healthy, just let him do what he wants to do. If you see your beardie up and about, there is no harm in offering food though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom