brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Hello, I'm just stopping by because my bearded dragon hasn't been acting his normal self for the past few days and I'm wondering if he's going into brumation. He hasn't been having bowel movements for the past few days on his own only when I stick him in warm water.. Also he doesn't run around as much or bask as much he likes to lay in the cooler areas in the cage and sleep most the day and when i go to feed him he either refuses or eats very little and hardly ever touches his greens as much. I got him back in February and I would have to say he's not quiet a year old but close because he was about 6 to 8 inches when i brought him home. If i had to guess i'd say he was born around november, december or january I'm not quiet sure though. but if he is going into brumation what can i do to let him go into brumation should i reduce the heat or lighting? or maybe shut his lights off a couple hours earlier? Right now i got his timer set for 12 hours a day should i do 10? if someone could give me some advice it would be appreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom