Brumation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valex

Hatchling Member
Hey everybody!!!!! I've missed everyone a lot, and with school, horses, and my two beardie boys there is no time for internet.

However.. Lately Killian my older boy (about 6-7 months) has nearly stopped eating, doesn't back much, and sleeps most of his day away in his blankie. Sounds a lot like brumation to me, however ive always been taught that if they do brumate it will be in USA summer, because it would be winter in Australia. He also doesn't seem old enough to do it.

So i guess my question is... could he have gotten on usa schedule and actually have gone into a "brumation"? His viv is near window, so i know he can tell that sunlight is getting less, and since he is near a window the temp is different from when it is the summer. So.. should I just wait for a while and see if it picks up... or should I see a vet with money i do not have much of...

The only other thing i can think of is parasites........

Valex

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Trust me, everything in his viv is perrrfeecct. Im the person on here who crucifies people for even the smallest temperature varient.
But...

Legnth: 18+/- inches from snout to tip of tail
weight: unknown...
tank size: 120 gallon, custom wooden viv made with the right wood, blah blah blah
UVB: 2 month old repti-sun 10.0 tube over basking side
Basking: some bright white light bulb
temps(acu-rite): hot side air- 85-90 basking spot: 90-96 (all fluncuate with my rooom temp, and outside temp)
cool side:84-87(sometimes lower, never higher)
humidity: 30%-
water: bathed 2-3X weekly for about 20 min
food: crickets- as much as will eat daily; superworms- as much as he will eat daily; mustard greens- hearty amount all day; squash baby food- as much as he'll eat when i feel like dealing with the mess(1-4X a week); other various vegies + fruit
substrate: tile, and towels for sleepy time
suppliments: repcal? with d3 and the multi vitamin made by the same people.

I cant really think of anything else important.

egriep6

after reading alot about brumation (after dealing with the same concern) I've noticed that they dont do it within the first year. Your beardie seems a little young to be doing it (but I'm no expert) Though everything else seems to be in check. Maybe its the sudden cold thats swooping over the US. :? sorry I couldn't be more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom