Brumation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon Marta has been in brumation for about four months now. Is this normal? I've replaced her UVB just about one or two months ago, so I'm pretty sure this is brumation. Should I just let her do what she wants? She doesn't seem to be losing weight, so does that mean she's all right? I wake her up a bit longer than once a week, and sometimes she'll eat and bask a little, and poop if she'd eaten. She's my first reptile and second pet, so I worry that I'm doing something wrong. Should I be more worried, or is this all right and/or expected? Thank you for any responses!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds normal for brumation. It's good that her weight is stable. Keep monitoring that as it's a good indicator of health. Keep the lights on the normal schedule and keep doing what you're doing. Hopefully she will come out of it soon.

TIBBLEZ

Hello my bearded dragon samwell has been sleeping for days now and won't even touch his food or even eat a cricket I'm worried this my first bearded dragon I was going to take him to the vet but first I thought i should get opinions from people who have bearded dragon and what they think plz help I'm scared for him and I can see he has loss weight also plz help
98062-1535350788.jpg
that's a picture of him now sorry for the mess it's been a few days since I cleaned his cage and he won t even move to his basking rock or anything he just lays on the ground like he's dead I'm so scared plz help me

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Poor thing, I'd suggest starting your own thread next time, Does he react at all if you pick him up or touch him?

What brand of UVB light do you have? (Zoomed/reptisun, arcadia, exo terra, all living things ect)
What type of UVB is it (Tube, compact, coil, MVB)
Is it a 10.0, a 5.0, a 14% or a 12% bulb?
Is it a t5 or a t8 bulb?
How are you monitoring temps?
What is the basking temp?
What is the warm side temp?
What is the cool side temp?
What are the night time temps
Do you use any night time heat?
Do you use any colored lights?
How long have you had him?
How much are you trying to feed him?
What are you feeding him?
Do you have a calcium supplement?
Do you have a multivitmin supplement?
How old is he? (To me he looks between 1-2 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom