Brumation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
My dragon Marta is in brumation right now, and usually I would take her out to cuddle her to bed each night, but now I read that I shouldn't be taking out my beardie when she's in brumation and that it will make her brumate longer. Is that true? I think that she likes it when I take her out because she'll snuggle up to me when I put her on my chest but I could be wrong. Thanks for any answers!
P.S
I never sleep with her, I always put her back into her enclosure before going to bed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd probably let her be if she's sleeping. I don't think it would be immediately harmful but probably best to leave her alone while she's sleeping except to take her out for a weight check and offer some water once a week or so. If she wakes up at some points and looks around it's fine to take her out for a bit though. My guy did that every few days during brumation and that's when I'd offer some water and log his weight. They're all a bit different.

I honestly like to leave mine alone, unless your giving it water. I think of it this way. If I was to sleep and people kept waking me up I wouldn’t really appreciate it. But that’s just my opinion but as of it being bad maybe not but definitely can prolong the brumation depending on your dragon. It’s always different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom