Brumation? PLEASE ANSWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
my beardie isn't eating but shows signs of being active, and I am not sure about parastes but the weather where I live has gone to the extremes. Well not really extreme but its dramatically changing from one week t another, first its hot then its cold and raiing, then hot then its nice outside then cold again.

could this cause brumation?
my beardie was a baby in October of 2010, and ate fine the other day.
she shows signs of activity.
she shows no interest in the crickets but I have noticed the lettuce has been eaten, but idk if she ate it or my other one has
I believe that she is the domient of thetwo even though she shows litItle signs of dominance.
she didn't eat on wed., she had little to eat on Tues., but se ate fine on Thurs. thats whe I got more crickets.
she ate fine Fri. Morining, but little on Fri. night and none on Sat. moring or evening, and I am starting to get a little worried.

wait my mom just said shes eating an apple and chasing crickets, could it be the hunt shes after? I feed her in a some what small cage, since I don't want a fight between my two. or was it that she was just drowzing or the lighting? and could thee be a birth defect involving her eyesight? Because when she does eat she eats ALOT slower than my other one who is a bit smaller?

I know wehumansaren't all born wth good eyes could she also be born with bad eyes?
any answer will help me please

gandhi

Hatchling Member
It's probably not brumation. Isn't it summer over there? Also it's very unlikely that a Beardie will brumate in their first year. May be worth taking a fecal sample to the vets for a parasite check?

What sort of UV light do you have? The coil type have been known to cause problems with eye sight and with appetite. A repti sun strip light is the best sort not a Repti glo.

Also you may want to do some research about keeping more than one beardie in the same viv because the majority of people on here would say it's not a great idea. Even if they don't fight they may form dominance over each (even if it's not visible to us as humans) or over breed one another if they're different sexes. Worth a little look into anyway. This might be the cause of the not eating too.

Hope this helps

jjh1

Juvie Member
You should not have 2 beardies together as one is dom over the other one and it could be also due to stress.
Bearded dragons like to have own vivs that means one bearded dragon to one viv.

Not eating can be a result of stress parasites poor lighting. Maybe you need to have a vet check up a feces test and please move one to another viv . My both were in the same viv for just a week until my other one arrived and one did the same thing once I moved her to her own viv she started eating more gained weight and she is very happy. Yes she was the dom one as well.

Take the advice dont thats up to you but alot of people here may tell you the same thing

hope your beardie starts eating better soon. You can also weigh her with a gram scale to see if she is losing weight as well. I do a monthly weigh in with my 2 and eventually will with my 3rd one

Joanne

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know 2 beardies is trouble but I can barely afford the rent and nobody told my mom when she bought the two lizards for my bday

as for the light I will have to check up on that

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you know how much she weighs and what her length is ? Or can you post a picture. Some dragons eat ravenously and grow quickly [ you say she's the larger of the two ?] and then slow down out of the blue when the temps. fluctuate or something else stresses them . These dragons sometimes just do things that just puzzle us at times.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3exnykrz said:
Do you know how much she weighs and what her length is ? Or can you post a picture. Some dragons eat ravenously and grow quickly [ you say she's the larger of the two ?] and then slow down out of the blue when the temps. fluctuate or something else stresses them . These dragons sometimes just do things that just puzzle us at times.

idk how much she ways but she is the larger and the fatter of the two, and the temps haven't been kind with the hot and cold, but now its starting to feel like summer, then again who knows the in the past year we have had strange weather conditions all around the world, maybe its affecting my lizard's eating habits.

and the beardies arepuzzling animals, i read somewhere that they like birds can sense an earthquake before it happens then again most animals do, some even predict bad weather, but idk.

almost forgot she's about 14-15 inches in length at least she was 14 the lat time I checked which was weeks ago, but she has slowed down growing, which people say is normal in beween juvenille and adult hood. the other one was 12-13 inches but now shes about 13.5 or 14 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom