Brumation Or stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay So ive had cid since tuesday, hes a new adopted one, and when I got him he was tiff as a rock wouldn ot move wouldnt eat. So I gave him a nice bath he would not keep his head up, He is full grown 17inchs 700 grams * Losing weight * and 4 years. His owner said he had MBD before in his rear legs but I think it ws he didnt now cut the super worms head off. He has a limp walk and I try to bath him but he hates it. His owner gave me his orcks and lights so I thogut well this should bring him back since its his personal stuff and has his smell. I bought 100 circkets large and sat on my porch and cut there legs off. He ate 1 and the others took over. I then droped 5 he didnt eat any. Then I had to take him out and bring in the clean up crew aka 20 baby dragos that just ate. They ate them all up fast, Is this brumation or stress from relocateion btw when he got here I put him in with a female becuase I was buying his tanks and waiting for his lights to come. He did mate with her, shame on me. He sleeps alot in his hammock I help him up there I have all the right stuff as this is not my first Dragon/Reptile. Btw he is on sand because hs huge and likes to dig ( Play sand )

Repti sun 10.0 48inch
125w bulb basking
large hide
lareg hammock
40 gal breeder
big pool dish thing

Livey

Extreme Poster
how much weight has he lost since tuesday?
Sleeping are signs of brum, and they certainly shouldn't be losing weight
Sand is never good for dragons either
what are you dusting with?
have you got any pictures?
What temps are his viv at?

iAdoptDragons

Original Poster
Thanks but hes eating fine now and digging and loves being up, he had MBD from his other owner so I am trying to reverse it PICS coming in a day or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom