Brumation or something else???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our beardie Yoshi just came out of brumation about 3-4 months ago but all of sudden she has been hiding a lot under her hide. She is almost always awake when you look under. She goes under and we pull her back out about a week later if she hasn't come back out by then, but within in a week or two later she goes right back under. Is this normal? Why would she be doing this?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....what are the exact temps. in Yoshi's tank, and what lights are you using ? What is her age + size, can you post a pic of her [ full body shot ] + her set up ? What is she eating/drinking ? If you can rule out that the temps. are not the problem [ which might cause her to look for a hiding place ] then you can just take the hide out. If she continues to act lethargic you might want to get a fecal test done. She's probably O.K though....some adult beardies go through phases like this. :)

Patriotsfan

Original Poster
85uIWLP.jpg

You can see she is really a big beardie. She is about two years old, around 17 inches last time i measured.
SBE7Fuj.jpg

The temp of her spot right now... we have a AC in that room that keeps it at 70 so the temp does not change much.
bwuvtsi.jpg

Here is her cage. of course its missing a few things on the cool side because she pooped on them but w/e. i forget exactly how big it is. My boyfriend and his dad made it.

She eats her salad in the morning (squash and collard greens) and gets superworms around 5 PM ish.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, she's a big chunky girl ! If she eats supers every day you can cut it down to every other day so she doesn't gain any more weight. Give her plenty of greens though. If the basking temp. is 107, cut it down to 100.....very few adult dragons like it over 100. She may be hiding because it's too hot. Her tank is very nice,but I will suggest that you replace the platform/cave with a nice basking log. Beardies love to climb + cling on to things, and that keeps their muscles toned better as well. At least get a nice thick branch to go from about half way across the cage to the platform and see if she prefers that, and if you don't get rid of the platform then definitely block the hole to keep her out. I think she;ll bask more + be a bit more active if you add a climbing log + close up the cave.

Patriotsfan

Original Poster
We had some stuff for her to climb on but she never used it so we took it out. She is VERY lazy. She hardly moves. Months ago right after she came out of brumation she used to run around her cage and come up to the glass. My boyfriend would let her out and she would run around for about a half hour and then she would go back in her cage. That's about all she ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom