Brumation or sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ede618

I have a female bearded dragon roughly 1 year old. Her enclosure is 4' x 2'. Hot spot is 100-105 degrees on the ground. Substrate is millet. I feed her crickets and collared greens daily. I am using uv 10.0 that was just replaced in September.

She seemed to be eating slightly less crickets than normal recently (2-3 dozen instead of 3-4 dozen). She has been very lethargic the past couple days and was actually napping during the day today which is odd for her.

Normally she is very agressive but yesterday I was able to pick her up without her trying to bite me. Today she ate about 6 crickets and that was all. She may have eaten some greens but I really can't tell. She has also been pooping less with smaller size as well. The smell actually seems more bearable than normal too. A few weeks ago I noticed her poop was slightly runny in one spot but the rest was fine and from what I could tell it was only like that once.

Any insight is greatly appreciated! If you have any other questions about her situation please ask

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
is she exhibiting stress marks or just acting lazy? Dragons are freaking lazy I tell you what. Franklin sometimes sleeps for days even in the summer

Ede618

Original Poster
Stress marks? What's really bothering me is the fact that she won't eat. She was always an excellent eater

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Stress marks- like is she not eating and also being all stripey? Usually it's not abnormal for them to slow down eating in the winter though.

Ede618":38md1v4i said:
I'm sorry I'm still not understanding the stripey lol
Little black lines on his tummy and a darker colour. Without stress marks:
tumblr_mc9bg2B4kh1qaobwn.jpg

With stress marks:
tumblr_mc9bfvSb9P1qaobwn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom