brumation or dehydration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get Reptar to drink? He always has a bowl of water, but he never has used it. Hes become really lethargic and is curled up under his hammock and hide, im not sure if it is brumation or dehydration? Im a first time beardie owner, help?! ):

Shutensou

Try to give him weekly warm baths just to be sure (when he is awake of course), and making sure the water is up to his elbows, supervision is a must. If your new, did you just get him? He might be stressed. If so, just leave him be and provide him with food and water. I'm new, just giving whats best of my knowledge. ^^;

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Do you give him baths? And if so how often? Beardies absorb water through their vents and skin for the most part, some never will actually drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom