Brumation is OVERRRR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
After about 5 months of sleeping and hardly eating, Dudley is AWAKE! :blob8:
Now I get to deal with the hormonal joys of waking up from brumation. Yay. XD
He is constantly running around in his cage, taking epic leaps of of his decorations and then missing and falling, head bobbing at random objects, constant black-ish beard, too busy being mental to eat... Sounds about right to me, LOL.

Anyone else feeling my pain? I know most of the other beardies will probably be waking up closer to spring, but Dudley went down in August so he is waking up earlier too I guess.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh yes. :roll: It's amusing at least!
He just finished black bearding/head-bobbing at his hammock. It must look extra threatening today.
Looks like his basking spot was just dominated too.

kmc5

Hatchling Member
Mine woke up Monday and has played havoc in her tank ever since. She wants out, she wants in. She leaps over things, tries to crawl under things. Just as she went into brumation, we put plastic vines in her tank. She spent hours staring at them and rubbing up against them. She pooped on a leaf. Brumation seemed short this year. Maybe she will go back to sleep.

Do you think it is because it has warmed up here in Michigan?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Thankfully Scarlett is a baby and hopefully I won't have to deal with this until next year b/c i'm scared i'm going to go into a depression..lol Just watching her sleep is gonna drive me nuts or make me a nervous wreck one... lol

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ugh, I think poor Dudley gave himself brain damage this morning. :| He launched him self off of his branch and smacked his head on the screen cover, right under the heat lamp! Ouchy! I think his little face hit the UV light too. :( I didnt even know a beardie of his fatness could even jump that high! Theres probably about a foot of space between the branch and the screen lid.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I am sorry your Dudley is mental right now. I get to look forward to this with my own children soon, not the brumation, but the hormonal surges. Atleast the beardies calm down eventually. Mine can't decide if he wants to burmate or not. Glad you can finally cuddle Dudley.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
At this point, Im lucky if he will sit still at all... Cuddling is completely out of the question! :roll: LOL
His old owner used to use him as a breeder, so that is probably why is is going so mental. I bet he is used to meeting up with the ladies this time of year! Haha :lol:

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Boy, Ya'll make me look sooooooooo forward to NEXT year!!! I get brumation x4 next year for the first time ever. I can't wait. This year everyone of my babies is too young but next year does not sound like it will be fun. Amigo is already hormonal though. He headbobs EVERYTHING, the wall, the floor, his food, the bowl, everything. He thinks he is a big dragon already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom