Brumation? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
You are so welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions and keep me posted on how things are going!
Kelly

11ofclubs

Original Poster
Ok. Thank you for the advice. Its my brothers dragon and he wants to know worst case scenario. Also she has been digging around for maybe a couple of weeks. Would that mean that she is eggbound? My vet is fairly un-knowledgeable and another visit would cost money and probably do nothing. If I need to seek medical attention what should I do? Thank you for the help and helping me through this. Elliot.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Has she had any sudden weight loss? That is pretty much all I know to watch for. I would make the lay box, pile the sand/soil up higher on one end,,,I would use a rubbermaid type storage bin...the plastic ones, I used a 18gal. one. Filled it almost half full, then piled it up higher on one end and start a tunnel for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's good that Kelly helped you find that your beardie is a female, so many people come with questions and have the gender wrong. So the next question....[ I don't remeber if you mentioned ] how big is she , and what is her weight ? Even if you don't have a scale, see if you can tell how long she is.

11ofclubs

Original Poster
Nose to tail she is 12 Inches. She did have weight loss then it became more noticeable when she stopped eating normal sized meals. She was digging but, then her digging turned to tunneling. I do not have a scale so I do not know her weight. She is nine months old now. I put her in a ten gallon tank with the substrate we were using (ground walnut husk) and then moistened it and packed it down. This is until we can get the rest of the supplies just in case she starts to dig in the morning before we can get out. Thank you Elliot.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe AHBD will be able to help you out more...I had been waiting for about 3 months for my girl to lay her eggs after she made her tunnel/cave..just had her x-rayed yesterday to find out she doesn't have any eggs in her...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well, if she is 12" total, she is not carrying eggs. She's just a silly girl that likes to dig. Some beardies just like to, especially when they have alot of loose substrate. [ Which it's good to get out of the tank ] So try the adjustments to the lights that we mentioned and see if that helps. I'd also like to recommend hornworms as an appetite stimulant, most beardies can't seem to resist them.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
LOL!! How long are they usually before they can carry eggs?? I am not surprised at all that she is just a silly girl that likes to dig!! My girl is 19 inches and 11 months, and she is another one of those silly girls that just likes to dig!!

11ofclubs

Original Poster
Few I got all worked up and worried. Thats good. I will defiantly get the Hornworms and I will also get phoenix worms. Thank you so much. I will get the sand out of there as soon as possible. Thank you Elliot Peters.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your'e welcome ! As far as the average age/ length for females to develop eggs, it really varies. Some solitary females don't lay until they are 4-5 years old, others lay a little past 12 months. Usually they are over 16" before they lay.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for that info!! My girl was 91/2 months when she started digging!! She has steadily been putting on weight...had her xrayed yesterday..no eggs. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom