Brumation I hate brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the first brumation for Ember Rose and I. So I am not sure how long it will be. I knew it was coming but not this soon. It sucks not being able to pick up and hold my dragon. She sleeps most of the day inside her cave, sometimes I see her eyes open. Every once in a while I have to reach in to see how she is doing. About once a week I wake Ember up to give her a good soaking which she hates because she looks very grumpy whenever she is in water.
I then set Ember on her basking spot to get nice and warm so I can offer her some food. She eats a few roaches or crickets, one or two superwroms and maybe one bite of some greens. After that she will stay awake the rest of that day basking until lights out. If she did not fall asleep in her cave the next morning I will find her out basking for a few hours then back to the cave she goes for more sleep. If she did not poo that day I will try and wake her up the following day she can do her business. It is boring not being able to take Ember out of her enclosure.

So until she wakes up for good I will be calling her Sleeping Beauty.

Here she is just deep asleep in her cave on slate tile. :sleepy2:

I did not want her to sleep on the cold tile. So now she sleeps in her cave on top of this fleece I got for her.

I was wondering what is an amount of grams she can safely lose during brumation? So I don’t have to worry.

chrism1

First off, love her name!! It's very classy, for a classy dragon haha.
Second, I feel your pain: Domo went through brumation a while ago and my life was a little less bright, but alas he woke up and now we're back to hunting crickets and watching Netflix.

Love her color, too! Just like Domo's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom