Brumation-Do I wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 19 month old male who is I think going thru brumation. I let him sleep in his hiseout for a week and then woke him up. He stays up for a day and back to his room he goes to hide. Should I just let him be to do his own thing or wake him to eat and get light? He is very active when he wakes up and wants to be held. He did not poop for 2 weeks. As soon as night comes he curls up in my neck and back to sleep for who knows how long! Is there any medical danger in him sleeping 2 long or me waking him too soon? I want to do what is best for him as he is a spoiled member of the family!

Should I take his hiding room out so he can't sleep so long?????

My bearded dragon is doing the exact same thing you have mentioned. I wake him every other day to bathe him and then he eats and poops and goes right back to sleep. I took the hide box out of his tank a few days ago and he still finds places to sleep. He won't fully wake up until I take him out of his tank. Then when I do he is fine. Someone mentioned that maybe they are trying to do a late brumation. The guy at the pet store just told me to wake him up.

How are his temperatures? I know if it is too cold they will go to sleep as well. Do you have a digital probe thermometer?

Keep us updated!

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom