Brumation...Calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Hello All!

I've read the brumation article on this site and found it very helpful however I did have one additional question. This year is the first that any of my dragons have decided to brumate. My female, Mey, went down 6 days ago. I read that you should wake them once a week for a bath, but what I didn't see in the article is if you're suppose to give them any calcium during this time period? Mine are all on liquid calcium and I thought since I'm taking them out for a bath once a week then I could also give them a little calcium.

Is this suggested? Or should they not be given any throughout their brumation? She doesn't appear to be the long nap and wake for a while kind, she's sleeping HARD. I miss her :(

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm dealing with brumation for the first time, too. I believe that another experienced poster mentioned that she gave hers a dose of liquid calcium on their weekly wake-up for hydration. My Buster drinks water from the dropper, but it takes him longer to figure it out than usual. I weigh him, and give a dose of liquid calcium, as well. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for replying Esther! I can't see where it would hurt but it may not be doing anything to help either since they're not sitting under their UVB. I guess it would just make ME feel better to give it to her whether its actually benefiting her or not lol. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom