Brumation..bit of Salad? Suggestions pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthehb

Looked around on the threads but didn't see anything about this...

Our bearded Harley went into Brumation about 2 months ago now. After the first few weeks, maybe 3 weeks I would say, I took him out to bath him as I had read it was okay to do. I have since learned that I should just leave him alone. BUT.....

When he was done his bath I forgot there was some greens in his bowl and he ate a little bit of Collards, went back to sleep the next day. He's awake everyday, lifts his head and looks at us, responds when I speak to him by just moving his eyes and looking at me. Doesn't seem upset, scratches a bit sometimes to get comfy, then goes back to sleep.

I'm concerned now from reading some posts about the small amount of Collards he ate (probably 3 weeks ago) Because of how he is acting and still active should he be okay? Should I take him out in a warm bath to see if he will poop? Just leave him?

We don't have a close vet that looks at dragons and if I need to make an appointment would likely be a few weeks away. Should I make one anyway? He was quite healthy going into brumation, good size, active and happy.

Any suggestions or experiences?
Thanks all so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom