brumation? baby issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's plenty hydrated from the sound of it. No need to spray more than twice a day, otherwise you could be getting the humidity too high. The baths help, so between that and once or twice a day spraying he should be fine.

beardedmik3

Original Poster
AHBD":113vwmoh said:
He's plenty hydrated from the sound of it. No need to spray more than twice a day, otherwise you could be getting the humidity too high. The baths help, so between that and once or twice a day spraying he should be fine.

He isn't if he's stopped drinking or only drinks every few days. Thus why I spray him so often I never let loose water just sit on his waells or flooring.

beardedmik3

Original Poster
An if his cool side is getting around 74.6 f in the morning an 80 mid day without the extra light is that okay? I moved the second light to his warm side just to help hold more heat on that side. his cool side stays almost a constant 79.2 - 80.4 with the light over there. Thanks :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
beardedmik3":1h1rh1av said:
An if his cool side is getting around 74.6 f in the morning an 80 mid day without the extra light is that okay? I moved the second light to his warm side just to help hold more heat on that side. his cool side stays almost a constant 79.2 - 80.4 with the light over there. Thanks :D

75-80*F is perfect for the cool side. I think that's a good idea, moving the light over.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since you've had him a month and he's not eating much, I think it would be a good idea to get a fecal checked for parasites.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
diamc":1ooki9nq said:
Since you've had him a month and he's not eating much, I think it would be a good idea to get a fecal checked for parasites.

Hard to say if there would be enough of a parasite count to show symptoms at 2-3 months old, since the life cycles of most parasites are 8-14 weeks, but I agree it is better to be safe and have that checked. There are parasites that can cause poor appetite, although usually that would be accompanied by runny or smelly poo.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately, there have been some babies that have had parasites and the only symptoms that were noticed were loss of appetite and slightly lower activity level. Since you've had the baby for a month or so and it has settled in, the coccidia level should be normal by now unless other parasites are involved.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
It's definitely something to rule out when there is lack of appetite. I'd like to see what a change in feeders would do, too.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Honestly, I think that would get him interested in eating. By the looks of the pictures, he is eating enough to maintain himself. We have 6 babies between the ages of 2 months - 4 months old right now, and two of them eat very little crickets, but the rest gobble them up. If I feed small/baby roaches and extra small silkworms they eat like crazy, they just barely eat crickets, so it is possible for it to be the feeder.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know exactly what you mean, I just got an order of 500 crickets for Angie and now she isn't eating as many as she was, she wants the horns & silkies that are quite small yet. She did eat some small dubias today though. They get tired of the same foods, just like we do.

beardedmik3

Original Poster
He's eaten more today them usual introducing him to 2 other beardies his age I guess made him feel better about himself, lol. He ate around 11 crickets today.

beardedmik3

Original Poster
Got the phoenix worms today, he ate 6 medium considering their size it looked like a good meal. He attacked them as soon as they moved unlike his lack of interest in crickets.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I just ordered and got 100 silkworms in a small size..they range from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch...so they should be fine if you get the small. My beardie loves the small but hates the medium ones. he wont touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom