Brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Well I’m pretty sure my guy is brumating. He has been asleep in his hide for 2 days now. Hasn’t moved at all. His husbandry is on point, I know he’s not sick. This is my first time dealing with this and my main question is do I continue turning his lights on? Anything special I need to do?

Thanks in advance

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can turn the lights on but turn them off about 2 hours earlier than usual. Some people turn all lights off but others are not comfortable doing that. After 2 weeks try to get him to drink by trickling water on his snout VErY slowly, but if it puddles under him you need to dry it and him off afterwards. You can do that every 2 weeks to give him a chance to drink. Sometimes mine go even longer or they are not interested. Try not to worry, a healthy dragon almost never has a problem. :) He may or may not stay in this condition for a couple weeks or up to 3 or more months. I don't let mine sleep more than 3 months anymore, 4 at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom