Brumating or sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor13

It's been quite warm were I live but my beardie is still brumating. I had to wake him up to take him to my dads cuz I had no one to take care of him he was awake there but now he brumating again is this normal or am I just worrying to much about him. His cage temps are at 110 on basking and 80 on cool side measured with stick ins but their not stuck anywhere their just lying on the ground.Is he sick or just brumating still. He did start brunating late like end of febuary.Thanks in advance

Nicole

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Nicole,

Can you give us some background information?

How old is your dragon?
What uvb bulb are you using?
What are you using to measure the temperatures?
Does your dragon seem to be loosing weight?

-Brandon

razor13

Original Poster
He is around 1. Iv got an repti glow 10. He seems skinner but I havnt weighed him in a month. Last time he weighed 256 grams. I measure the temps with the stick on ones but their not stuck to the wall

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would change out your UVB bulb from the Reptiglo 10 to the Arcadia D3 12% or the Reptisun 10 tube bulbs. They are much better than the Reptiglo 10, as it has low wavelength emissions which are not conducive to D3 synthesis. It can cause lethargic behavior, as well.
How often do you give calcium & vitamins?
Do you have any pictures of him right now?
You will need to get a digital probe or a temp gun to measure the temperatures more accurately. The stick ons usually are not very effective for measuring the higher basking temperatures.
What are the temperatures measuring right now?

Tracie

razor13

Original Poster
110 on baskiNg 80 on cool calcium every day and calcium d3 once a week and I can't figure out how to post pics on here

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Nicole,

Do you think you will be able to switch the the Reptisun 10.0 or the arcaida 12% like Tracie has suggested?
What about picking up a digital thermometer with probe to more accurately measure temps.

Those dial stick on thermometers can be extremely inaccurate.

So you are not supplementing with a multivitamin powder? I would give the calcium with D3 4 or 5 times a week, and you need to be dusting with a multivitamin powder about twice a week.

To post pictures you need to upload your picture to a photosharing site, such as photobucket. From there, you copy the IMG code and paste it into your reply.

-Brandon

razor13

Original Poster
I will be able to get those but not until I get payed this is the most current photo I have of him it's from when he was at my dads with me
b3fe9a7f.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His spine looks crocked.

Is it always like that or was it just the picture?

-Brandon

razor13

Original Poster
It is he has mbd and kyphosis. He got this when his previous owner was not taking care of him at all. Also his bet said he should only have the calcium with d3 once a week

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Then I would seriously work on getting him proper uvb ASAP.

Why would he only recommend calcium one time a week with a dragon with MVB. That is the exact opposite of what you should do.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well with your current uvb bulb, I'd be giving the Calcium WITH D3.

The current uvb bulb you have at the moment isn't giving off the right wavelength to naturally produce D3 in the body.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think he is brumating at all.

If he is acting lethargic it very well could be due to your uvb bulb. Reptiglos have been known to do that to dragons.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom