Brown Shriveled Scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Right after a shed, I noticed my bearded dragon has some very sickly looking scales. They're darker than the rest, and don't look fully developed. My first thought was scale rot, but I didn't want to rule out other possibilities, so I want to confirm what it is.

Here are some of the pictures, I noticed some of his spikes are shriveling too.....

Any help would be appreciated, especially if I can take action immedietly! Thank you, I hope for a quick reply!

84976-3556946479.jpg

84976-2217174950.jpg

84976-7022138964.jpg

84976-894572037.jpg

84976-1475344459.jpg

84976-3268258376.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is there possibly high humidity in the tank ? Some scale blemishes are totally harmless, many beardies get a bit of trauma/blemish on the beard and the off colored scales on the belly are very common. The scales on the arm you might keep an eye on, if you want to put an antiseptic on it you can get betadine at a drug store, dilute some to look like iced tea and dab it on there. If it continues to look worse you can have an experienced reptile vet look at it but I don't think anything there is harmful.

MartiSutton

Original Poster
Thank you! I think it may have derived from high humidity because I just planted a new plant and watered it often, resulting in high humidity. I will make sure to prevent that in the future. I will make sure to get the betadine and see if it gets any better, thank you again!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Do you still have the plant in his tank ? If so it might be best to take it out, there may even be something unseen in the soil that irritates his skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom