Broomation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy4302

My beardie hasn't ate in days or pooped. He seems fine,but I was wondering if he is broomating? What is the time when they do that and how long does it last? I just bought a new lamp a few months ago, so I wouldn't think it was that but maybe. It should last 6 months. Any suggestions?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
A lot of beardies are going into burmation this month, it could be he cause of lack of appetite. There is a great article about burmation in the care sheet section if you are looking for some more information. The UVB is a reptiSUN 10.0 correct?

Kalyn

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
How old is your beardie? They normally won't go into brumation until they're adults, at least a year old. If yours is under it, and this behavior just started recently, it could be that he's shedding.

kimbasmom

Juvie Member
Oh wow, thank you Kaylyn. I just did a search on this topic, and your post here was the first one that came up. Big relief! Off to :study: the article. But thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom