broken tip of tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, I have no idea how this happened but the last half inch or so of Nachtmahr's tail is broken. It isn't black so I don't think its "dead." The part where the break is there is also a break in the skin. I bought some zoo med repti wound healing aid and have been making sure the area stays clean. It doesn't appear to be affecting him, but I am sure it is painful.

Here are the best pics I could get:
nachttail.jpg

nachttail2.jpg

Other than go to the vet (which I will do if it becomes necessary) what can I do?

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
from what i understand, there is nothing you can do, tails are line fingers, all you could do is straiten it and keep an eye on it. :-(

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hey,

I think you've done evrything you can, just keep up the reptiwound and great work. You could also soak it in a very weak beatadine solution.
When my Tyrus was about that size I dropped his hide on his back toe, broke his toe and broke the nail off. It was bleeding so i used the reptiwound, it worked wonders. As for the break he will most likely lose the end of his tail i can't say for sure but this is my best guess. It will darken then dry up and fall off just make sure the darkness doesn't spread up the tail.

Kalyn

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am gonna keep an eye on it and make sure the darkness doesn't spread. I assumed that if it stays clean and all that it would just dry up and fall off, how long do you think that will take? Should I try to wrap it up?
Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom