Broken Nail?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
I just got Marta back from almost two months of boarding and I noticed that she doesn't have a nail/claw on one of her toes! I don't think the toe itself was harmed since I can see the very tip of the nail if I look closely at/in the toe. I already given her a bath to wash the toe but it doesn't look infected, there is no blood and she doesn't react when I touch the toe. What should I do??? Should I be worried????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If the nail or nail bed doesn't seem to be infected, then she will be just fine. It may grow back
but it depends on whether or not the nail bed was damaged. This is a relatively common issue
with them, getting them caught on something & yanking themselves free.
Do you have a mesh hammock she could have caught it on?

Tracie

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thank you! I don't have a mesh hammock, but the place I boarded her at might have had one. I got some pictures of the toe but the camera wouldn't focus for some reason:
95399-9801262747.jpg
95399-2198419930.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Martadragon017":h8flu3mq said:
Okay thank you! I don't have a mesh hammock, but the place I boarded her at might have had one. I got some pictures of the toe but the camera wouldn't focus for some reason:
95399-9801262747.jpg
95399-2198419930.jpg

It looks like a case where a nail has been snagged on something - betting a mesh hammock or wire mesh side wall in a cage at the boarding place , and your dragon has panicked and pulled hard enough to break the nail off … the toe looks OK , but can see some evidence of swelling but no oozing pus or redness (so this has happened "a while ago") - long enough for the toe to scab over and heal.
I'd just keep an eye on it , and give the injured toe a daily soak in dilute betadiene (weak tea strength in luke warm water). You can also paint some conc betadine in it daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom