broken light = cold dragons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicnsam

hi

we have 2 dragons and the basking bulb has broken , we have changed the buld and fuse in the plug but still not working, its linked to a thermostat and we are unsure if its the bulb or thermostat that has broken.

anyone got any ideas on what it could be???

were lookin for cheapest solutions as not got many pennies atm!!!! also w dont know what best to do with them tonite as they wil get cold, we curently have them sittin in a box by radiator but we obviously cant regulate the temp!

any help is appreciated asap!!

thanks

sam and vic

dracoowner

this happened to me a few weeks ago and i just wrapped draco up until my dad could get a new light later that day. he didnt have any money on him so the store said he could pay the next day. are any stores near you open and would they let you pay later do you think?

vicnsam

Original Poster
we got a new bulb today but didnt work, do u think it could be the actual light fitting???

no shops open now, not till tomoro!!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
If a new bulb wont work i think ti may be the fitting or the thermo.
Can you plug it in without using the thermo?

They can manage without UVB light for a while, but heat is more important at this point.
Fill a hot water bottle and put it in their viv, then lay a blanket over the top so they dont get too hot. This will help them keep warm for a few hours.
If you dont have hot water bottles you can fill a sock up with uncooked rice and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes, this wont keep as warm for as long though, probably for about 2-3 hours. Make sure the sock is then wrapped in a blanket too.

Also if you have a thermometre to keep a check on things you can attempt to use a desk lamp as a temperary basking spot inside their viv.

Holly

wizbee

Juvie Member
My dragon gets her heat from an ordinary house light bulb. Right now I use a 75 watt. Can you hook up a regular light bulb for heat?

dreshany

Hatchling Member
wizbee":b51b4 said:
My dragon gets her heat from an ordinary house light bulb. Right now I use a 75 watt. Can you hook up a regular light bulb for heat?

I agree with wizbee. I use a 60W regular light bulb to help heat my beardie's cage. you could try putting a light bulb into the basking socket or somehow fix a lamp/light to direct heat into the cage. Some of the cheap lamp fixtures for cages hold regular bulbs, just ensure it is compatible with the wattage on the bulb. Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom