Bring Mogley to a wedding?

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
So my husband and I are attending his cousins wedding in a couple weeks, being that I've made a point of bringing my reptile babies everywhere we are debating. Mogley already joined us at the jack and jill where we were a hit lol! The bride and bridesmaids had talked about him being in the wedding pictures. Originally we thought we would leave him home one night. Now my husband says he figured we would bring him but keep him in his travel tank at the hotel during the actual party. That being said of course now I'm ready to just bring him and keep him tucked away in one of the many wearable carriers I have! I thought about asking thr bride if she cares, but figure she has enough on her plate. Anyone really strongly AGAINST him joining us? Thoughts?

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I'm starting to bring my guy Kamo out a little more.

My bearded dragon is in brumation right now.
Exposure is great for animals as long as it's the right stuff.

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thanks! I agree! I've been a dragon parent for the last 15 years. My first 2 traveled cross country with me and went everywhere. My husband is newer to it but madly in love with 10 month old Mogley.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't do it without permission. There;s always the chance that he would have a poo in his carrier and you know what a mess and how much that odor would permeate . Also it's not really great for a beardie to be carried around for hours without the proper heat or able to just be a lizard in a proper environment. Beardie's are very mellow in general and don't show distress unless it's pretty severe [ black beard, gaping, etc ] but being tucked in a carrier for hours and just being passed around as an object of curiousity for pics could be unpleasant for Mogley whether he shows it or not. Lastt but not least, not all people like reptiles.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I wouldn't do it without permission. There;s always the chance that he would have a poo in his carrier and you know what a mess and how much that odor would permeate . Also it's not really great for a beardie to be carried around for hours without the proper heat or able to just be a lizard in a proper environment. Beardie's are very mellow in general and don't show distress unless it's pretty severe [ black beard, gaping, etc ] but being tucked in a carrier for hours and just being passed around as an object of curiousity for pics could be unpleasant for Mogley whether he shows it or not. Lastt but not least, not all people like reptiles.
I agree on every point. If you do get permission, i would keep his time there to a bare minimum. That's going to be a lot of sensory overload for him. It could cause him to go off food and/or be stressed and reclusive.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom