Brightest RED Beardie Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

YATES

I am looking for a holdback quality RED beardie, but the large breeders that have the quality I wan't seem to show one picture of the beardie and thats all you get. Anyone now a great breeder for a vibrant RED, not orange, yellow or pastel beardie that will give you detailed info of the beardie and lineage? ( I wish I could see in person but thats not an option) Also, I'm looking for a juvie because I don't know if I have the time for a baby-i.e. feeding four times a day etc.. I already have one beautiful citrus firetiger who is 8 months and spoiled- I prefer raising established juvies because I'm relatively knew to reptiles. Thank you, Isaac

spyder79

Extreme Poster
First and foremost a "red" dragon is subjective, if you look at photo posts of "red" dragons, almost all are orange. I have only saw 1 truly red dragon before and it was going for somewere around 1200 bux. Now with that said. richbeasley.com has some very beautiful and vibrant dragons that border on red. If you are looking for something very specific you will have to contact sellers like dachiu or bloodbank as they typically can get it if they do not have it and will be able to give you all the information you want in regards to background.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I believe I have a very "red" dragon

as a juvie
embyr1.jpg

as an adult
embyr2.jpg

YATES

Original Poster
Cheryl- I love your female, Embyr, and that is exactly the "RED' I am looking for. Let me know when you are breeding her...Hopefully a nice red male!! Thanks

Around March 20th Barry w/Bloodbank posted a hypo red phase 13" female for sale here on beardeddragon.org...I was fortunate enough to purchase her from Barry and man is she red with very distinctive blue side bars...amazing color! I have a $100 camera from Wal mart and cant capture the color in not one of my dragons...I'll give it another "go" and see what I can do. I spent a ton of time taking a lot of pics and I refused to post the pics because they look nothing like the dragons do to the naked eye. It goes without saying that Barry has a top quality camera but I can say from experience with purchasing 2 dragons from Barry that what his amazing camera captures is EXACTLY what you see when you open the box. I would strongly recommend talking to Barry if you are serious about acquiring a quality red dragon...as I mentioned before I purchased a hypo red from him as well as a Trans male and I am commited to purchasing my next 2 females from Barry as well. :mrgreen: I was VERY hesitant to purchase online because of the "iffy" parts concerning photos that dont accurately depict the "normal" demeanor and coloration of the prospective dragon and only after seeing Barry's handy work at a local breeders house and hearing him assure me that Barry was not only a good guy but one of "the best" at breeding strong, healthy, quality bloodlines did I consider purchasing a dragon without seeing it in person first. Oddly enough the particular Bloodbank dragon that my friend had which convinced me to contact Barry was a 12 mo old red female. IME spending 4, 5, or $600 on a dragon you havent seen in person is NERVE RACKING, but I'll tell you just like my friend told me...buy a red dragon from Barry and if you dont get EXACTLY what you expected then I'll gladly match what you payed for it and take the little jewel off your hands. Good luck and keep us posted.

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents that I have seen Cheryl's Embyr in person and she is just as beautiful in real life as she is in the pictures. As always I recommend to research, research, research your breeders before you buy! The big name breeders usually produce some nice dragons, but especially if you are paying large sums of money I would make sure that you are able to get all of the genetic information on it as possible, and a lot of time I have noticed through experience with big time breeders, I haven't even been able to get out of them who the parents are, much less any sort of a family tree.. There are plenty of small time breeders out there that produce outstanding dragons usually for less money and are in great health, not to mention have excellent temperaments because these "small timers" have the time to handle each baby daily.

Did she tell you that Embyr just laid....Lol!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
You're right about cameras, that's why I take a lot of pictures outside in natural light. I was using a Panasonic Lumix to get most of my pics and the colors are always true. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a brand new Nikon P100 and I can't get true to color pics for the life of me, so it sits useless and I'm back to my old point and shoot. I'm the same way about guaranteeing people get exactly what they want. When I have someone interested in buying a dragon, I send them pictures in natural light, artificial light (for comparison), as well as pictures of the dragon when its hot and cold so they can see the variance before they get it. I will take any dragon back no matter what and no matter when. I even ask that people ask me first before selling or giving their dragons away. I'm so proud of my babies I want first chance to get them back.

The dragon picture I posted above comes from the old skool, classic Chris Allen lines from years ago that were bred to old skool crimson lines. I spent years finding the perfect reds to breed for perfection. The proof is in breeding and being able to produce consistently red colored babies that don't fade or not have the ability to pass on the color in their blood lines. Until your lines are proven, you may have just lucked out and got the only pretty dragon in the clutch. That happens more than you know and unless you have pictures of parents and grandparents along with seeing all the siblings that look just as nice, you don't have any proof that it is any better than a colorless dragon born in the same clutch. I believe in the small breeders who can show you ten babies from the same parents who all look so awesome you can't make up your mind. The big breeders can't give you lineage information nor do they differentiate the babies so you know where they came from. I just think something isn't quite right about mixing up hundreds of dragons and selling the nicest ones for a premium price while trying to wholesale all the not so spectacular ones.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
YATES, I tried to post last night that she layed 9 or 10 good eggs on Friday. They are due to hatch the week of July 4th, perfect colors for the holiday, red white and blue dragons!

Here is Embyr on the floor, she is over 400 grams.
embyr3.jpg

Here's her mate Vyllyn, he has awesome side bars and is a big boy, very long
vyllyn3.jpg

Im glad to hear the responses to some of my comments about purchasing from a "larger" breeder compared to a "smaller" breeder. Early March I bought a het for hypo citrus male dragon from a local "small" breeder and did get to see the other babies and ya the whole bunch was really orange. I REALLY APPRECIATE your willingness to share your experiences and advice on selecting a quality dragon as well as taking a positive approach to the whole subject. I am a member on several discussion forums and have been surprised by the negative vibe that some of the members here are so quick to engage in. Its refreshing to hear your thoughts and opinions expressed in a positive way. You have opened my eyes to a different point of view and thats kick !@# THANKS! :study: :study: :study: Wow that was a long spill but I hope you guys understand.

Hi Rioreptiles...It looks as though Im the first to say this here so Im hopeful...I would LOVE to have first pick from this clutch. Ok I'll say it PLEEEEESE!!! :mrgreen: Pls send me a pm...THX!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
You are a serious reptaholic! I hope we don't jinx the clutch, I usually don't even mention eggs until they are pipped and hatching. You know what they say about counting eggs before they hatch.

I recently purchased a new home and was able to do what I have wanted to do since I was a kid and make my garage a pet room. I currently breed rare cichlids, amphibians and Im working on breeding dragons. I have four beardies and I love the hell out of them. Yup I got it bad...and a red from your pairing fits PERFECTLY in my plans. I sent you an email...as soon as you respond the reservation fee and shipping cost will be pre paid. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom