breeding trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shygurl0189

Hatchling Member
ok so i know your not supposed to breed 2 translucents together but what about 2 tranlucent hets? can you also breed a het hypo and a trans? OR a hypo with a het trans?
t
** the reason why im asking is i have a breeding pair a german giant and a translucent. (if i understand correctly i can get hets and trans is there anything else?) anyway my mom wants to keep a baby that looks like my male [(the german giant) so it would be a het trans, yes?] anyway sorry for my ramblings... if i keep one of my babies that isnt a translucent can i get a hypotranslucent for a future breeding pair? i dont want to add bad lines to bearded dragons so please let me know.... or does anyone know where i can find a good website or source that could help me understand this more?

Thanks

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Well i can tell you that if you breed your two together you will only get het trans babies and no visual translucents because your German giant is not het for trans.

Also hypo and trans are two different genes totally and can be breed together any way. I personally would do hypo to trans so you won't have possible hets. or if you wanted to shoot for trans hypo you could do hypo het trans to trans het hypo and they will either be hypo, trans, double het hypo trans, or trans hypo.

As for breeding two translucents together i have read that the babies turn out small and it is hard to get them started, but i have not personally breed two tranlucents together to see for my self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom