Breeding Red Hypo Translucent Beardie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to breeding and in the future am wanting to breed my red hypo translucent male. I am wanting to know what colors for a female should I be looking into when I go and purchase a female. I am wanting to achieve some pretty bright oranges and reds and was thinking of keeping the translucent trait with the female as well for the black eyes. Any ideas?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Well from the sounds of things you need to find a red or orange translucent or het translucent. But if you also get one that has hypo in it the orange and red will be that much more vibrant because hypo reduces the black. so if it were me i would find another red hypo trans or a double het hypo trans if you don't have the money for the visual hypo trans.

Good luck!

-Beth

crazy4dragons

Original Poster
Thanks Beth, Yeah I'll probably look into another hypo trans or maybe a hypo tang trans would be nice! Off topic, I want to ask you, about beardies growth rates. I noticed that you have quite a few beardies so maybe you'd know. I have a 3 month old baby and a 4 month old baby beardie and have noticed that the 4 month old is like 3-4 times the size of the 3 month old. Is this normal?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Well all beardies are different. Some eat like pigs and grow very quickly and some are picky eaters so they don't grow as fast. Also with being a month older they will be quite larger because this is the time they grow the most. I hope this helps

Also do you have them in the same cage together?

-Beth

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think your supposed to breed two translucents. Their bloodlines are too close together and some hatchlings end up with genetic mutations. Talk to TheWolfManTom on here, he's an excellent breeder :D

crazy4dragons

Original Poster
Oh I didn't know this...thanks for letting me know! Do you think a hypo tang female would be a good match? How do I get in contact with TheWolfManTom? Thanks!

April

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Trans to trans is a bad idea, unless you want a low hatch rate...lol Genetic mutations are not uncommon.
Trans to a het trans is ussually ok.
Know your genetics before you start and you will save yourself some heartache.
Trans dragons tend to be smaller than normal color morphs. So there may not be much catching up. Keep in mind this is a generalized statement.

crazy4dragons

Original Poster
I didn't know this about growth with the translucents. Well he still has some growing to do, he is only 3 months, BUT in comparison to my citrus leatherback male, my trans is like 3-4 times smaller. They are only a month apart and they both eat the same amount...I was just curious about my trans growth. Thanks!

April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom