breeding bsfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverKara

How difficult and expensive and messy are they to breed?

I found this video, although I can't read it, I get the idea...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zBhtzfYRg&feature=player_embedded

Could this be done outside? Or would they die in that climate (I'm in sacramento, CA area)? I also grow concerned about parasites and such having them outside... but my only other option would be the garage and that will get way too hot.

Is it even practical to try and breed them? Or will I end up producing too many? I only have one beardie, she's about 8 months now, no plans to get another anytime soon, no room where I am. But it is awfully expensive to keep ordering them.

If I were to give it a try, is that setup in the video ideal? What is he feeding/using in those containers? Or what should I be feeding them?

I'm just doing my hw and looking at my options. She's starting to really enjoy her salads every day, and she also gets bearded dragon bites by nature zone, but of course these reptiworms (bsfl) really rock her socks haha. I'll just keep on ordering them if it's going to be too much of a hassel to try to breed them, I want something easy.

Thanks in advance!!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
I can't see the video, so I can't help with that.

However, there is a big sticky just up at the top of the forum
on Breeding Phoenix Worms (which are just a trademark name for BSFL)
that can probably answer a lot of your questions.

timisimaginary

Hatchling Member
for only one beardie, i doubt it would be worth the trouble. once she reaches adulthood her insect consumption will go way down, and phoenix worms are just too small to really satisfy an adult beardie, mine won't bother with them anymore.

wilddragons16

Hatchling Member
I just made two traps today, took like and hour, maybe two. Looks terrible, but I think its gonna works. Honestly, whats the worst that can happen? You end up with too many larva, they pupate and up the local population. I've started a cricket colony in my garage, made the reptiworm trap, going to try to breed silks when I get eggs, and breed supers. So I'm gonna have a ton of food, but seriously, think of all the money you save! I haven't had to shell out a dime for any of my traps and stuff, I just used stuff I had around the house. I can say, I have never complained about having too much food for my dragon. :wink: Just give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom