Breeder Loan?

lyack15

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sigourney Weaver, Sigmund Freud, Stubby Chubbs
Hey everyone, I have two sub adults that I’m looking to breed in 6 to 8 months, when they are fully mature. I can’t breed them together since they are both visual zeroes. My female is a witblits leatherback, and my male is a regular zero. How would I go about finding a male breeder loan for my female? And how would I go about loaning my male? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I dunno how you would go about it, but my biggest concern would be how to screen the loaners for disease and parasites.

lyack15

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have a reptile vet local to me who does exams for $89. If the person isn’t sure their beardie is healthy I could take him to my vet and they would have to pay me the fee, plus any additional costs if there is something wrong. If they don’t want to risk paying all that money then I simply won’t work with them. I take all of my animals to the vet and I ensure they are healthy. I will not breed either of my subadults if any health issues arise, and I even recently spayed my adult female and never bred her because she has health issues. I definitely want to work with someone who is responsible.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Good deal, sounds like you have a good handle on the risk. And asking someone to repay the vet bill if their beardie has issues is absolutely fair. Honestly if they are a good keeper they should be asking about if your have been checked recently and if you have the results.
If you do find someone maybe keep us posted on how you went about it. It's something I've been curious about but with stuff like adv that so contagious i didn't know if its something people do.

lyack15

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Good deal, sounds like you have a good handle on the risk. And asking someone to repay the vet bill if their beardie has issues is absolutely fair. Honestly if they are a good keeper they should be asking about if your have been checked recently and if you have the results.
If you do find someone maybe keep us posted on how you went about it. It's something I've been curious about but with stuff like adv that so contagious i didn't know if its something people do.
If I’m able to successfully find a breeder loan I will let you know how and also make a separate post so others can see.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cool think you.
( your guy will be correct in thinking he is a stud if you actually stud him out rofl 🤣 😆)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom