breathing

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I have a beardie who will be 7 this next month. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. I have him in a 4x2x2 custom tank, he has his basking at 99 degrees. He has the Arcadia 12% UVB, will be changing it out this weekend, due next month. He has shelf liner in his tank. He gets live food 3 times a week with calcium and greens everyday. I moved to Missouri last year and since the humidity is high here I have a dehumidifier next to the tanks and keep it about 35-40%. He has had a few RI's before, so a few months ago he seems to be breathing in through his nose and out his mouth. I took him twice now, but no RI. Now I noticed his beard is not black, but brown around the edges. I will be calling the vet to take him in this week. Has anyone else had a beardie that breaths like this? I am wondering if I should have them do blood work or x-ray. I could do both if needed. Maybe I am looking for questions to ask the vet. Maybe something I haven't thought of. Hoping someone else has had this problem and could give me some insight as to what is going on.

Attachments

• Resized_20230528_105041.jpeg
    Resized_20230528_105041.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 76

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a beardie who will be 7 this next month. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. I have him in a 4x2x2 custom tank, he has his basking at 99 degrees. He has the Arcadia 12% UVB, will be changing it out this weekend, due next month. He has shelf liner in his tank. He gets live food 3 times a week with calcium and greens everyday. I moved to Missouri last year and since the humidity is high here I have a dehumidifier next to the tanks and keep it about 35-40%. He has had a few RI's before, so a few months ago he seems to be breathing in through his nose and out his mouth. I took him twice now, but no RI. Now I noticed his beard is not black, but brown around the edges. I will be calling the vet to take him in this week. Has anyone else had a beardie that breaths like this? I am wondering if I should have them do blood work or x-ray. I could do both if needed. Maybe I am looking for questions to ask the vet. Maybe something I haven't thought of. Hoping someone else has had this problem and could give me some insight as to what is going on.
Please post a pic of the dragon breathing - does he does this only under the basking light? How are you getting the humidity level? Analogs are inaccurate

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I took him to the vet, one nostril was plugged which they got it back open, x-ray showed nothing, best guess he is a mouth breather, no RI , nothing

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom