Breathing changes - puffing beard and opening mouth on exhal

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbharr

My BD Decko is about a year old. I am very confident with her temperatures, substrate, food, etc thanks to all the advice this site has given me!

She has had what I suspect to be mouth rot. I took her to the vet and had her on silvadene cream for several weeks. It seemed to improve for a while, but then came back, with or without the cream. I have a call in to the vet and hopefully we will be going back.

I also want her checked because she has been breathing differently for a week or two. She is regularly inhaling into her beard or at least her beard puffs up when she breathes. When she exhales she often opens her mouth and sort of puffs the air out. Sometimes it makes a little hissing noise. This is all brand new. she has always breathed silently and you could see her midsection expand, but that is it.

Other than the yukky mouth and the non-silent breathing she seems happy, active and normal. I am thinking these may be changes with age? She is about a year now and her eating and poops have both tapered off considerably on the last few months, which I contributed to maturity.

Am I off? Should I worry?

Thanks,
Lisa

Lennifer

Juvie Member
Is she making these puffing/hissing noises when u pick her up? Or is it constant?? If it is constant, then I would recomend a check up just to be safe. My Beardie Drago is a lil over a year old & he is going through his puberty stage. He just recently started doing this lil puffing noise but only when I take him out of his enclosure or when he doesn't feel like being bothered. lol

~Sandy

verbharr

Original Poster
That absolutely may be it. It does seem like she is saying "leave me alone!"

We are taking her to the vet on Thursday for the mouth rot so she can check her out then.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom