boy or girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8r_boy

I just got a baby bearded dragon and i named him patrick. he's about 5 inches long and about a month old. he's my first bearded dragon. i had a big boa constrictor that got to big for me to hold so we ended up giving him away. My dad had a bearded dragon and he said i could get one. I got him on the 22nd of this march fed him a few crickets on the 25th. so i've been feeding him mealworms when i'm not giving him crickets. My dad said I should hold him once a day so i am. I have those building rocks for a little house, and a water bowl and a feeding bowl (its only in there when theres food in it though) and a hammock one with suction cups that hold it up. My dad and I found a piece of driftwood to add to his tank after I wash the driftwood. any other suggestions?

J&APayson

Hatchling Member
Well congratulations on your new Beardie. You have come to a great place to learn. People here will be really helpful and are really nice. I am posting a list of some links to help get you started, I know it seems a little over whelming but if you can read through them, you and your dragon have a much better chance of having long healthy life together. Since you have already brought up what you are feeding your baby I will start with that because there are a couple of rules, the most important is to avoid an impaction (unhealthy poop that blocks the digestive track) which can kill a beardie and babies are at higher risk. You never want to feed your baby anything that is bigger then the space between his eyes. Crickets are great and should be the pinhead size. He should be feed 3 times during the day and you should let him eat as many as he wants in a 10 to 15 minute time period each of those 3 feeding times. The meal worms are not good because they have a very hard shell and are a high risk for impaction, so please avoid feeding these until he is older. You should be providing greens and he should always have them available to snack on. Stay away from anything that has lettuce as part of the name. I have provided a food list that is very popular and well tested. I know this is a lot but please ask questions because we love to help and if you can post some picks of Patrick that would be great.
This is the link to the care sheets at the top of the page:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/

This is the most complete nutritional guide to feeding greens and veggies:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

quinflynn

We went to reptile shop several times to get info and decide what we wanted
so we bought a small beardie hached in october we named him Quinn not sure yet if
we have a him or her to young to tell i guess. just over a week later we went and bought
Quinn a friend from same litter. so we have quinn and flynn in a 55 gal tank.
quinn does not like veggies much loves wax worms and crickets flynn
eats Veggies each morning. we are in North Branch Minnesota and bought
the new pets at Twin City Reptile a great place emplyees have great knowledge
of reptiles and will help a great deal .
Paul, Angela and Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom