Boy or Girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sito

Or is it too early to tell? I was told his hatch date was in November but I still am having a hard time seeing the bumps on the tail, i took these pics but maybe i need to take better pics lol. Also u cant really see but he has the femoral pores all over his "private" area and legs, i know females get them but are they as obvious on females as they are on males?

PhotoApr2735446PM.jpg

PhotoApr2735427PM.jpg

PhotoApr2735343PM.jpg

Evergreen

Juvie Member
Femoral pores only for females? You've officially freaked me out... No way my boy's a girl :?

And I can't tell if you've got a male or female there but I'd think 4 months would be old enough to tell for sure. I hope someone can help you out!

Edit: All's right in the world again! Both sexes can have them but males are usually more pronounced. Here's one picture I found but there are a couple other posts about it on the forums. I think it's called the Macro setting (I've seen it's symbol be a flower on a couple different camera) and that will focus the picture more so it might make a clearer picture.

Sito

Original Poster
yea sorry i wasn't saying trying to say only females get the pores, but that they also get them. Ill try to get some better pictures later if i have time, thanks for the response :)

Auswald

Looks like a male to me, But a picture with the tail pulled back further would help, Google how to sex them or just youtube it and its really easy to tell if the tail is far back enough - But im 90% sure its a boy from the pics

Sito

Original Poster
Yea I'm just afraid of Pulling it too far and hurting him but I'll give it a shot when I'm home.

Sito

Original Poster
Yes thank you! :lol: There's a bunch of pictures in the post I made in the introductions sections :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom